Varicocele Embolization Treatment In Delhi, India
What is it?
Varicocele is a condition in which the swelling of testicular veins occurs due to venous leakage that leads to increment in scrotal temperature and infertility in long term.
It is a minimally invasive procedure to treat the varicoceles by embolizing the testicular vein.
- Symptomatic varicocele
- Failed surgical ligation
- For military/police recruitment fitness purpose
Main advantage is it is a minimally invasive and day procedure.
Why Not (Contraindication)?
Relative contraindications include:
- intravenous contrast allergy
- renal impairment
What you are to do before procedure(Preparation)?
- Visit us in OPD for assessment of varicocele with ultrasound. Get lab investigation (*PT/INR, Serum Creatinine, Viral markers) done and book your appointment
- Get admission in day care on scheduled time and date with 4-6 Hours fasting
- If you are on blood thinner like Aspirin inform during appointment.
- One accompanying person
- Need to sign a consent form for procedure
Approx. Stay in hospital?
We have very fast and competent working team (Consultant, fellow, clinical assistant, technician and ward assistant) which provide you comfortable atmosphere and ease your nerves. Usual time of stay is around One day only.
- venous perforation: generally subclinical and self-limiting
- misplacement of coil (e.g. into renal vein): usually retrievable with snare
- embolization of coil into pulmonary circulation (if coil undersized): usually retrievable with snare
- failed embolization: usually due to patent collaterals
Resume to work?
You can resume your work after 2-3 days.
- outcome almost identical for embolotherapy and surgical ligation
- technical success rate close to 100%
For any Queries or Appointment please call 011 42251897/ +91 9958474870